Carolyn is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has had experience in commercial art, teaching, and fine art. She is a member of several art associations, including a signature membership in MPSGS, The Baltimore Watercolor Society, the Annapolis Watercolor Club, the Annapolis Arts Alliance, and the Maryland Federation of Art. Carolyn has exhibited extensively in each of these venues as well as in other galleries in these regions.
Carolyn has received numerous awards. Most recently:
- Peoples Choice at the Annapolis Maritime Museum
- First Prize in the Baltimore Watercolor Society Anniversary show
- Honorable Mention at the Annapolis Watercolor Club exhibit at Quiet Waters Park
- First Prize at the Annapolis Watercolor Club exhibit at Maryland Hall
She has won Equal awards and Honorable Mention awards at:
- The Art League in Alexandria, VA
- Hospice Cup poster Award, 2017
- Best in Show award, Benfield Gallery, Erica Walsh Show, 2017
- Second place mixed media in MPSGS Strathmore Hall, Rockville, MD, 2018
- First place BWS exhibit, Irvine Nature Center, Reisterstown, MD, 2019
- Solo show, Woods Presbyterian Church, Severna Park, MD, 2020
- MPSGS exhibit, Strathmore Hall, Rockville, MD, 2020
Carolyn has paintings currently on exhibit at the following galleries:
- Benfield Gallery, Severna Park, MD
- Gallery 564. Severna Park, MD
- Irvine Nature Center, Reisterstown, MD
- BWS Signature member exhibit, Strathmore Hall, Rockville, MD
- Snow Goose Gallery, Bethlehem, PA
- Gallery 57 West, Annapolis, MD
Carolyn’s styles range from realism to abstract, and she usually combines both approaches in her paintings. Subject matter includes people, landscapes, seascapes, and flowers. Her preferred media includes watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, and oil.
About her work she says,
“I try not to set boundaries in painting, leaving the door open to inspiration which can come from various experiences. I feel each painting has a life of its own, and attempt to go with what each one suggests to me, such as mood, color, composition, balance, and all of the elements of art. I let the painting speak to me. By continually growing as an artist, I feel there are no limitations to what can be achieved in the world of Art.