SketchCrawl 2017 Map

SketchCrawl 2017 Map

Charles Carroll House Gardens

109 Duke of Gloucester Street, Annapolis, MD, United States

(sketching available outside  property and garden)
The seat of the Catholic Carrolls of Annapolis, it was the primary urban residence of its most famous owner, Charles Carroll of Carrollton.  Today, on the grounds of St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, it is among the largest and most impressive historic sites in Annapolis.  It is owned by the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorists).

Chase-Lloyd House

22 Maryland Avenue, Annapolis, MD, United States

(sketching available in the gardens)
Built in 1769-1774, it is one of the first Georgian mansions to be built in the Thirteen Colonies. Originally built for Samuel Chase, (signatory to the Declaration of Independence), the home was sold unfinished to Edward Lloyd IV in 1771. Completed in 1774, it remained in the Lloyd family until 1847 when it was sold back to descendants of Chase. In 1888 the house was bequeathed for use as a home for elderly women, as it remains today.

James Brice House

42 East Street, Annapolis, MD, United States

(sketching available outside the property)
The James Brice House is one of the largest and most elegant of Annapolis's historic homes, and one of the most important surviving structures from colonial America.  Recognizing the importance of the architectural gem, the State of Maryland purchased the James Brice House in 2014 and arranged for Historic Annapolis, Inc. (HA) to maintain and manage the National Historic Landmark property.

William Paca House

186 Prince George St, Annapolis, MD, United States

(sketching available outside the property)
This five-part Georgian mansion was built in the 1760s by William Paca, one of Maryland’s four Signers of the Declaration of Independence and the state’s third Governor. Restored by Historic Annapolis beginning in 1965, today it is recognized as one of the finest 18th-century homes in the country and a National Historic Landmark. It hosts a two-acre garden returned to its original splendor with native and heirloom plants.

Hammond-Harwood House

19 Maryland Avenue, Annapolis, MD, United States

(sketching available outside the property)
Built in 1774, it is one of the premier colonial houses remaining in America from the British colonial period (1607–1776) and is the only existing work of colonial academic architecture that was principally designed from a plate in Andrea Palladio’s I Quattro Libri dell’Architettura (The Four Books of Architecture, 1570). The house was designed by the architect William Buckland for wealthy farmer Matthias Hammond of Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Maryland State House

State Circle, Annapolis, MD, United States

The Maryland State House is located in Annapolis and is the oldest state capitol in continuous legislative use, dating to 1772. It houses the Maryland General Assembly and offices of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor. The capitol has the distinction of being topped by the largest wooden dome in the United States constructed without nails. The current building, which was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960, is the third statehouse on its site. The building is administered by the State House Trust, established in 1969.