Join the Third-Annual AAA
Holiday Pop-Up Shop
63 West Street, Annapolis, Maryland
(same location as 2016)
We plan to open November 5, 2017
A co-op art gallery for AAA artists to highlight their works and wares in the Annapolis Arts District.
Every participating artist will need to submit a full inventory of products in the shop for labeling before the shop opens. So you also have a jump on setting up your inventory list this week!
We’re hoping to keep it around 20-30 artists. Spot assignments will be based on order of registration and subject matter. (The AAA board will make sure not to place two glass artists together, to scatter photographers around the shop, etc.)
Each spot will be: $175 per month. (All artists will participate both November and December.)
AAA Commission is 20% – The AAA pays taxes and credit card processing fees on all sales, shop expenses, supplies, and promotion/advertising.
Spots can also be split between two artists. If you have another artist that you want to split a spot with, please respond to this email with their information so we can register you accordingly. Each space will accommodate, at minimum, a 6-8′ foot table.
Artists will be expected to provide their own:
- Tables, displays, racks, etc.
- Hanging equipment: nails, hooks, wire, etc.
- Additional product lighting, extension cords, etc.
- Boxes or special packaging for fragile items (including specific instructions for those working in the shop about how to package and where to find the packing materials.)
- Holiday decorations, twinkle lightsExpectations for Working in the Shop:
- Participants must be ACTIVE AAA Members. The Membership year is November 1 – October 31, meaning everyone’s annual membership is about to expire. Members must re-up their membership online for the 2017-18 year and be noted as active by the board before their application to the Pop-Up Shop is accepted.
- The expectation is that ALL participants will be able to work the minimum number of 8-10 hours a week (two 4-5 hour shifts) in the shop. Artists sharing a booth will also be required to work in the shop. If you cannot work these hours, it is unacceptable that you send a non-AAA member in your place. Non-artists and non-members should not be manning an AAA store or handling Alliance money. This is a liability issue and it is not acceptable that you skip shifts without finding another AAA member to cover you, both out of consideration for other participating artists and our customers.
- At the end of our lease in the shop, artists will be required to spackle and paint their area if there is any damage to the walls. Any participant who does not complete this will be charged a fee.
To pay for and finalize the reservation for your spot, you can:
Hand Deliver check for $350 to:
Pay with Credit Card by Clicking the Link Below: (there is a processing fee for paying with a credit card, bringing the total to $360.)
We look forward to having you join us!